Sunfinity Sunflower wins two Medal of Excellence Awards at Cultivate'17
Sunfinity Sunflower, Syngenta’s branded interspecific helianthus that offers nonstop blooming, multiple branches, and more flowers all season long, won two Medal of Excellence awards, the Industry's Choice Award and the Readers' Choice Award at Cultivate '17.
The Industry’s Choice Award selection is based on a selection of varieties chosen by an industry panel during California Spring Trials
Thank you to the esteemed panel of industry experts who selected Sunfinity as the industry's choice for 2017:
- The Metrolina Team: Abe Van Wingerden, Sim McMurry, Mark Yelanich
- The Welby Gardens Team: Al Gerace, John Gerace, Mandy Foster
- The Mast Young Plants Team: Jim Raterink, Laura Robles, Brian Weesies
- The Raker Team: Steve Reed, Jenny Kuhn, Jarvis Green, and Susie Raker-Zimmerman
- Lloyd and Candy Traven, Peace Tree Farm
- Vaughn Fletcher, McHutchison
- Brad Julian, Lowe’s Home Improvement
- Tim Runte, Calloway Gardens
- Dr. Allan Armitage, Professor Emeritus of Horticulture, University of Georgia
- Laura Drotleff, Greenhouse Grower
The selection for the Readers’ Choice Award is decided by readers who vote on their favorite new introduction of the submitted options from Breeders at California Spring Trials.
Sunfinity is the next generation of sunflower, offering nonstop blooming, multiple branches, and more flowers all season long. It provides incredible consumer value with multiple flowers per plant, and season-long flowering. A facultative long-day plant, Sunfinity offers fast crop times well suited for late spring and early summer, and it extends the retail sales season as a premium product for landscape or in large patio pots.
For more information on the Sunfinity consumer brand, visit mysunfinity.com. For more information on Sunfinity for commercial growers, brokers, and retailers, visit www.syngentaflowers-us.com/sunfinity
Information via Greenhouse Grower